Phosgene Chemistry Market Analysis
To get informed about the Phosgene Chemistry market. Specifically, to understand the leading applications of phosgene chemistry technology, the growth trend of the market (steady, declining, or growing), the top players/competitors and their market share, the typical customers or industries using the Phosgene, and the growth trend of the technology applications (steady, declining, or growing).
Phosgene and Leading Applications
- The global phosgene market is segmented by application into methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI)/polymeric methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (PMPPI), toluene diisocyanate (TDI), and others. MDI/PMPPI segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018.
- "The derivative isocyanates (Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) and toluene diisocyanate (TDI)) are used majorly in the production of Polyurethane foam which finds its application in various industries such as automobile, bedding, furniture and so on. Other derivatives of Phosgene also find their application in pharmaceuticals, polymers, agrochemicals, production of polycarbonates, and other specialty chemicals."
Market Size and Growth Trend
- The phosgene market size is expected to reach $5.728 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2019 to 2025.
- In 2018, the phosgene market was valued at $4.0207 billion.
- The global phosgene market size is projected to grow by $1.16 billion during 2018-2022, with a CAGR of 5%.
- The top players in the market were identified based on these lists: one, two, three, and four. The top 10 players are the following:
- Huntsman International
- Shandong Tianan Chemicals
- VanDeMark Chemical
- Wanhua Chemical Group
- Dow Chemical
- PPG Industries
- The market is segmented by end-use industry. The industries that are using the phosgene the most are agrochemicals, automobiles, bedding/mattress, footwear, pharmaceuticals, and construction.
Summary of Our Early Findings Relevant to The Goals
- The preliminary research indicated that there is no publicly available data regarding the market share of the top players. However, this information could be calculated by dividing the company's revenue from their Phosgene business by the market size of the Phosgene market.
- Our initial hour of the research didn't cover every part of the requested information, so we haven't confirmed yet if we can find all the requested data. However, our initial search indicated that the top players could be privately-held. Thus, they are under no obligation to share their financial data, such as revenue from their Phosgene business.
- Our recommendations are based on our findings in early research.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.