2020 cultural calendar
To identify major cultural events in the United States for 2020, including political, pop culture, entertainment and sporting events along with viewership/audience data for each.
- In 2019, the 10 most-watched sporting events in the U.S. were post-season NFL games, with the Superbowl being the most watched sporting event in the country. Therefore, it is likely that post-season NFL games and specifically the Superbowl will again be major events in the U.S. in 2020.
- The 2020 NFL post-season schedule includes Wild Card games on January 4th and 5th, Divisional Championships on January 11th and 12th, Conference Championships on January 19th and the Superbowl on February 2nd.
- Other top annual sporting events in the U.S. include the NCAA Football National Championship, NCAA Men's Basketball semi-finals and finals games, the NBA Finals and the MLB World Series.
- The NCAA Football National Championship game will be played on January 13, 2020.
- In 2020, the NCAA Men's Basketball semi-finals games will be played on April 4th while the championship game will be played on April 6th.
- The 2020 NBA Finals will begin on June 4th.
- The 2020 World Series will take place in late September and early October, but not official dates are yet available.
- In 2016, daily viewership of the Olympics in the U.S. ranged from 19.48 million to 33.63 million. Therefore, the 2020 Olympics are likely to attract many U.S. viewers. The 2020 Olympics are scheduled to take place in Tokyo from July 24th-August 9th.
- The 2020 U.S. presidential election is anticipated to result in record voter turnout in the U.S. and will take place on November 3, 2020. Another key 2020 event related to the election includes the "Super Tuesday" primaries on March 3rd.
- The most-watched awards shows in the U.S. include the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards, and Golden Globes. These awards shows are scheduled for February 9th, January 26th and January 5th, respectively.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.