2020 Technology and Cultural Trends
To understand consumer technology and cultural trends in 2020 in order to help plan a brand refresh.
- 5G is already being introduced in some part of the world and the trend is expected to take a firm hold in 2020.
- Another technology that is expected to gain more grounds and become more mainstream in 2020 is 3D printing with application in various industries.
- Internet of Things (IoT) is seen as the next big thing in home automation and the trend is expected to continue. In 2017, the total number of IoT devices was 8.4 billion and is expected to reach 30 billion by 2020.
- More blockchain use cases outside cryptocurrencies are expected to emerge in 2020.
- Robots are already taking over some jobs and the trend is expected to continue into 2020.
- India is expected to complete a "massive optical fiber network that connects 600 million rural citizens to the Internet."
- Chronic diseases are expected to account for about 75% of all deaths globally by 2020. This will result in an even bigger interest in wellness, fitness, and healthy eating.
- Inclusivity and diversity are already top social trends and are expected to maintain the same pace going into 2020.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Based on the availability of data, we propose dedicating additional research on consumer technology and social trends in 2020.