Post-Enrollment Customer Engagement
Determine how insurance companies effectively reconnect and engage their customers after customers enroll in their program by identifying best practices for post-enrollment touch-point strategies in the insurance industry.
Promising Tactics and Trends
- Insurance companies are increasingly hiring chief customer experience officers and similar positions to prioritize member experience by using the best practices of other industries.
- Comprehensive programs based on the voice of the member are likely to increase in popularity. These programs use analytics from sources like surveys, contact centers, and Facebook in order to create individualized communication during the post-enrollment period.
- Matthew Hutchison, a customer experience and marketing executive, recommends that insurance companies engage with members through email and social media.
- Insurance companies typically have detailed customer data and can use that to better engage with customers.
- Some insurance companies hire an outsourcing partner, like Majorel, to manage customer experience.
- Kathy Anderson, an insurance industry expert, recommends that insurance companies look for ways to create in-person touchpoints during the post-enrollment period.
- Spring Venture Group, a digital insurance platform in the senior healthcare market, has developed a highly-differentiated technology platform that excels in post-enrollment customer engagement.
- Alegeus has launched a fully-automated marketing campaign that leverages insurance companies' consumer data to deliver targeted, results-oriented marketing programs and communications.
- NTT DATA, a global IT services provider, provides an omni-channel platform for insurance companies that aims to create an engaging experience for the customer through the full life-cycle of purchase, including the post-enrollment period.
- Affinion Insurance Solutions employs a digital strategy that focuses on creating a user experience that facilitates members' access to post-enrollment services.
Other Relevant Statistics
- About 60% of executives at insurance companies rank customer experience as an important competitive differentiator.
- Over the last 18 months, 44% of customers have had no interactions with their insurers.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.