While information about the 3D CAD market was readily available, we were not able to determine the market size of the 3D CAD software that is used in apparel specifically despite going through numerous industry and trusted media reports.
- According to Grand View Research, the global 3D CAD industry will be worth $8.66 billion by the end of 2019, growing at a CAGR of 6%.
- According to them, some of the biggest segments that would be driving the industry will be the automotive, manufacturing and construction industries, with the automotive industry holding the biggest share of the 3D CAD market, with 25%.
- In fact, the apparel industry was only listed in the Other category, which means that the segment holds a small market share compared to the other segments.
- However, we were able to discover that the 3D CAD software solutions are part of a bigger market, namely the PLM (product lifecycle management) solutions. The global PLM market in the apparel industry reached $644.1 million in 2018, which confirms that the 3D CAD market is still a relatively small and niche market.
- That being said, the 3D CAD software used in the apparel industry will grow at a CAGR of 5% until 2020.
- The major competitors providing 3D CAD solutions to the apparel industry include Autodesk
, Lectra. Some other notable companies include AllCAD
, CadCam Technology
, Fashion CAD
, Gerber Technology
, and Tricycle.