To understand 5G Robots and its solutions. To determine if there are any companies working on industrial robots or collaborative robots (cobot) that carry 5G technology. To determine if there are any successful solutions with collaborative robot's third party application. (Excluding the cabinet manufacturers)
- The fourth industrial revolution will be highly impacted by robotics, machine intelligence, and 5G networks. These technologies are enabling higher levels of automation in production processes.
- These factors will increase the speed of production and delivery of goods and services.
- The largest portion of revenue for IoT is predicted to be the manufacturing process.
- Ericsson is well-placed to take a leading role in the transformation of industries by tailoring solutions for different requirements and needs of various industries.
- Cloud robotics that are 5G enabled are ideal in the quest for smart robotic systems that are affordable.
- Usually, industrial robots are connected via a wired system. Wireless connections were previously not stable enough to support the level of speed required for large-scale cloud computing.
- A 5G infrastructure will resolve this as it will have the capacity to carry more wireless data at faster speeds.
- In comparison, 3G is the slowest wireless network followed by 4G which is faster, and the most current, and 5G is considered an unprecedented advancement in industrial automation. This network will enable the exchange of big data in real time and at a much faster speed.
- The three types of industrial robots include the pick and place, collaborative robots (cobots), and mobile robots. They pick products from one place and take them to another, collaborate with human efforts/labor, and are actively on the manufacturing floor competing various tasks, respectively.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.