The median acquisition price by round of funding.
- In 2018, $130.9 billion was deployed in US-based startups and 8,948 deals were completed.
- Angel & seed and early stage "dealmaking posted strong momentum in 2018, experiencing 15.0% and 22.9% increases in median deal size, respectively."
- In the US, the median size of first-round financing was $3.0 million in 2016 while that of second-round financing was $6.2 million in 2016 with later-stage financing being $10.9 million in 2016.
- Currently, the average seed funding amount is $1.1 million with the pre-money valuation of seed-stage startups being $7.5 million.
- As of 2019, the average series A funding amount is $13 million while series A startups have a "median pre-money valuation of $22 million."
- Currently, the mean Series B funding is "around $32 million and series B startups have a median pre-money valuation of $58 million."
- The average series C funding round as of 2019 is $55 million. The "median pre-money valuation of a startup receiving a Series C funding is currently $115 million."
- Based on data presented by Crunchbase, in 2018, the "average successful startup has raised $41 million in venture capital and exited for $242.9 million dollars."
- Among acquired startups, $29.4 million was raised, on average and they were sold for $155.5 million.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.