TikTok Statistics UK
To gather statistics surrounding TikTok in the UK, in order to create a resource.
- 8.7% of the UK smartphone population used TikTok in 2019.
- UK came in second in terms of iOS TikTok downloads in December 2019 with 990,000 downloads, after US which saw 4,607,000 TikTok iOS downloads.
- Throughout 2019, TikTok saw at least 100,000 android downloads monthly in the UK, although January and December saw much more downloads.
- In January 2020, TikTok was downloaded 645,020 times on android devices in the UK.
- 10 Countries with the biggest TikTok audience are India, USA, Turkey, Russia, Mexico, Brazil, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, France and Germany.
- In terms of revenue, UK is the third biggest market for TikTok, after the US and China.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Initial research found some relevant information, but the following data points seem unavailable: 1) for October and November 2019, there appears to be no data on iOS TikTok downloads in the UK. This makes it difficult to calculate the precise number of 2019 UK TikTok downloads, as information is available on a monthly basis both for android and iOS downloads. 2) for January 2020, the number of monthly downloads or active users don't seem available. Data points required to calculate this don't seem to be available.
We could provide a SWOT analysis of TikTok in the UK (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).
We could also create a report on the future of TikTok. We will provide 3-5 insights on what the app is predicted to do throughout the rest of the year 2020 (whether its audience will grow, whether it will re-brand, how the negative backlash will affect its business and so on). If possible, this information will be focused on the UK.