Provide a full analysis of the activewear market including the market size, market trends, customer demographics, retail channel distribution, marketing trends, brand analysis, and market challenges/opportunities.
- Activewear is "utility apparel, used to enhance the performance of athletes which improves the body movement."
- Activewear product segments include tops, bottoms, outerwear, swimwear/innerwear and others. The market is also split into women's activewear and men's activewear.
- The activewear market is also segmented by fabric type including polyester, nylon, neoprene, polypropylene, spandex, cotton, and other (rayon and lyocell).
- Yoga pants and leggings are a leading product category for the activewear market.
- The global activewear market was valued at $351,164 million in 2017 and is expected to reach a value of $567 billion by 2024, with a CAGR of 6.8% over that time period.
- The women's activewear market was valued at $119,078 million in 2017.
- North America is the leading market, followed by the European market, Asia-Pacific market and finally the LAMEA region. All regions are currently seeing growth in the activewear market segment.
- The US market accounts for 36% of activewear sales worldwide.
- The global activewear market is seeing growth due to an "increase in disposable income and rise in fitness consciousness customers."
- The use of "green textiles and manufacturing" practices is a trend for activewear products.
- The increase of "ready to wear" activewear products ("athleisure") is a key trend for the market, as it becomes more acceptable to wear activewear products as casual wear.
- Millennial women with incomes over $100,000 per year are the largest consumers of activewear in the US.
Retail Channel Distribution
- Most sales are through offline distribution channels, however, the growth of e-commerce globally is increasing the growth of online distribution channels.
- As for offline channels, activewear is generally sold at hypermarkets, specialized stores, and mono-brand stores.
- Major players in the activewear market include Adidas AG, Asics Corporation, Columbia Sportswear Company, Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. Gap Inc., Nike, Inc., North Face, Inc., Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, Puma Se, and Under Armour, Inc.
- Fashion brands not known for athletic wear are entering the activewear market including Topshop, H&M, Forever 21, Net-a-Porter and Matches.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.