Private Search Providers: Engagement Metrics
To obtain the growth trend (number of users, number of downloads, engagement metrics etc) and market share of the listed private search providers over the past 3 years. This will provide an understanding of the annual growth trend of the private search engines.
The required information about the private search providers is contained in the attached spreadsheet.
DuckDuckGo Engagement Metrics
- DuckDuckGo’s global market share in 2017 was 0.22%.
- In 2019, its global market share was 0.18%.
- In 2019, its global market share was 0.39%.
- According to DuckDuckGo CEO, the company does not track its number of users. Based on DuckDuckGo’s 30 average searches per person per month, the current number of users is estimated to be 25 million people.
- As of November 2019, the number of DuckDuckGo users was estimated to be 50 million.
- After an exhaustive search through DuckDuckGo’s published fact sheet and statistics, the company's website, and other publicly available data about the private search engine, we were unable to determine the annual number of downloads of the private search engine.
- According to the details of the app on Google Play Store, DuckDuckGo has over 10 million installations. Crunchbase opines that the DuckDuckGo app has an average monthly download of 470,127.
- Additionally, DuckDuckGo had 5,915,745,384 total queries in 2017, 9,239,676,317 in 2018, and 15,081,213,361 in 2019.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.