Addressable TV Advertising Market Competition Analysis
To understand the current and future addressable TV advertising market and the market position and achievement of Viaccess-Orca competition in the market in order to facilitate a presentation to Viaccess-Orca's board.
- Competitors of Viaccess-Orca include Xandr, MullenLowe Mediahub, LiveRamp, Matter More Media, NCC, among others.
- Companies such as Sky and Viacom are already making inroads in the addressable TV market.
- Targeted advertising or addressable TV advertising is believed to be the future of TV advertising,
- A Wall Street Journal analysis notes that companies are shifting more of their advertising budget from traditional TV advertising to addressable TV advertising that enables them to target a specific group or a precise demographic.
- For instance, Cars.com, a company that used to spend the majority of its marketing budget on traditional TV advertising, stated that it plans to spend 6% more of addressable TV advertising and 12% less on traditional TV advertising in 2019 after the company's positive experience with addressable TV advertising in 2018.
- In Europe, advertisers are now cutting back on advertising on Facebook and moving money back to TV advertising largely due to the emergence of addressable TV advertising.
- The addressable TV advertising market is expected to reach $3.3 billion in 2020, growing by 343% between 2016 and 2020.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Based on the findings from our preliminary research, we propose continuing with this project by dedicating more research into the competitor analysis of 4-6 true competitors of Viaccess-orca based on our completing the competitive landscape template (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IdV5gpizNSVSJtko21VVj9rWs8qgCh17dx96uaFgX50/edit?usp=sharing). In addition, we propose additional research into the current and the future market of targeted advertising globally, especially in the European, Latin and the Asia-Pacific markets.