Advertising in Asia Pacific
For Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines, you are interested in the top five advertisers, advertising agencies, the total advertising spend, and marketing trends.
- Thailand's advertising market is expected to be worth 124 billion baht ($4 billion) by the end of 2019. In 2018, it was worth $118 billion baht ($3.82 billion).
- TV advertising accounts for 58.7% of the market followed by internet advertising which makes up 14.5% of the market with OOH advertising accounting for 6% of the market.
- The country's total ad spend on digital advertising is $915 million.
- Currently, the top advertisers in Thailand are Unilever, "Lifestar, P&G, Toyota, Coca-Cola, AIS, Isuzu, L'Oreal and Nestle."
- One key trend in Thailand's advertising market is that social media advertising will dominate - outrunning the conventional media advertising.
- In Vietnam, online advertising has not fully gained traction when compared to traditional forms of advertising such as television, magazines, newspaper, and radio but with the increased use of mobile phones and easier access to internet in the country, it is expected to grow.
- Some of the advertising agencies dominating Vietnam include GroupM, Publicis, Digital Marketing Vietnam, Mirum, Blueseed Digital, and PHD Media.
- Vietnam's total ad spend - including traditional ads - is currently more than $2.9 billion.
- The online advertising spend in Vietnam is forecast to be $1.7 billion by 2023. The country's digital advertising spend is currently worth $875 million.
- By the end of 2019, Indonesia's digital advertising spend is expected to be $2.6 billion.
- The market is forecast to see double-digit growth due to the increasing number of internet users and "the development of advertising features on social media."
- Some of the largest advertising agencies in Indonesia are Iris and Transcosmos Indonesia.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.