Brand Ambassadors - Incentive Motivators To Post On Social Media
To understand which types (kinds) of incentives motivate consumers, (who end up becoming brand ambassadors), to post on social media and generate buzz about a product. This could be, hypothetically, because they get free products, or gain status, or simply the love of the brand. The consumer that would be ideally focused on would be in an age range of 18-49, are ambitious and beauty conscious, are mostly Caucasian but skew Hispanic, and the age segment that is over 35 finds fitness important.
- For the purposes of this research, Brand Ambassador means the people who love a brand, who want to see a brand succeed, and who actively use the products in real life.
- Athleisure brand Lululemon executes freedom of expression by allowing their brand ambassadors to host free yoga classes in their local communities. The brand ambassadors in turn post that to social media, elevating their credibility as instructors, and as ambassadors. "Each of these ambassadors are local to the area around the store, so they are able to tap into the community in an effective manner, and are seen as a trusted source of information by that community."
- "The Lululemon brand ambassadors are also well rewarded for their efforts. Firstly, Lululemon has created an ambassador program that connects each brand ambassador with other, like-minded ambassadors, a social aspect which cannot be undervalued. Secondly, the community Lululemon creates is at the fingertips of all ambassadors to use to their own advantage. Lastly, Lululemon helps nurture their ambassadors to achieve their goals through providing tools, advice, and resources."
- Red Bull encourages their brand ambassadors to bring the product with them on any adventures that could be considered extreme and active because this is the image they want customers to associate their brand with. Their ambassador program is called The Wings Team, and they are able to connect Red Bull with their target consumers through producing stacks of user generated content. "All this content, and in return for what? The Wings Team don’t brag about it, but, they’re really REALLY cool. Being part of the team gives you an air of mystery, ooodles of cool creds and free Red Bull for yourself and to give to your mates (again adding to the ‘coolest kid at the table’ quality the brand builds on)."
- HOG is Harley Davidson’s take on an ambassador program with 325,000 members. "The ambassador program is full of ambassadors who love Harley Davidson and want to communicate with others who share the same views. Creating this sense of community allows the brand to create a stronger relationship with their customers, but also gives the ambassadors a sense of belonging within the group too." It is what is called a "win-win situation; the buyer gets the perks of joining the group, Harley Davidson generates organic word-of-mouth."
- This study examines the factors that drive brand ambassadors, including their sense of stake, the role of corporate social responsibility, and their empowerment through social media engagement.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- This was a very challenging research question to get answers to. We had to rely on industry sources to get some insights, but we did find an interesting study that delved into the factors that drive brand ambassadors, which we did provide in the early findings.
- We found nothing that targeted specifically the consumer "in an age range of 18-49, are ambitious and beauty conscious, are mostly Caucasian but skew Hispanic, and the age segment that is over 35 finds fitness important." This is too granular to be publicly available. We even checked our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that addressed this. We are advising that we not pursue this exact demographic. However, one can extrapolate that many brand ambassadors for specific brands targeted to that demographic would likely fall closely in that bucket.
- To get research that will closely align with your goals, we are suggesting pivoting slightly.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.