Egg Donation Agencies Market
In order to inform which services the company can offer, provide information about the egg donation market in the US, with a focus on the agencies coordinating the donation and the regulations affecting them.
- The global donor egg IVF services market was valued at $1,668 million in 2017 as is projected to rise at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2018 to 2025.
- The U.S. donor egg IVF services market was valued at $487.0 million in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 9.5% till 2026.
- In 2010, 18,306 in the US donated their eggs.
- Payment for egg donation in the US can range from $8,000 to over $50,000.
- Major players in the US donor egg IVF services market include Beverly Hills Egg Donation, Donor Egg Bank USA, Egg Donor America, MyEggBank, Extraordinary Conceptions LLC, Premier Egg Donors, California Fertility Partner, Extend Fertility, Boston IVF, and Fairfax EggBank.
- There are very few laws in the US regarding egg donation, which attracts overseas couples/women due to the low levels of regulation.
- The US does not require fertility clinics to be licensed, nor does the US have standards for how the donor should be recruited and cared for.
- The industry within the US used to be more regulated by The American Society for Reproductive Medicine, however, after a lawsuit the ASRM was required to relax their industry standards.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial research was only able to provide a high-level overview of the regulations on egg donation within the US, we recommend continued research to provide egg donation regulations, both at the state and federal level, within the US.
Additionally, we recommend further research into regulations in other countries compared to the US, especially throughout Europe and Asia. We recommend researching to find 5-7 regulations regarding egg donation in each of those regions, and explaining what each regulation is and how it affects the egg donation market (i.e. does it make the area a hot spot for egg donation or a place people travel away from to get egg donation elsewhere?).
Finally, we recommend further research to dig into the agency roles in the US, and what the agency generally provides during the egg donation process.