Airbnb Guests - Demographic Analysis
To provide a demographic analysis of Airbnb guests in the United States covering their income level, spending power, proportion of guests who buy something after staying in an Airbnb home, and the percentage of guests who are inspired to buy the products in the home they are staying.
- Twenty-four percent of people who earn an annual income of $75,000 and below have used at least one home-sharing platform in the US.
- According to recent research, 24.9% of Airbnb guests in the US earn $40,000 or less, 49.1% earn between $40,000 and $100,000, and 26% of Airbnb travelers earn above $100,000.
- The average San Francisco Airbnb guest visits for 5.5 days and spends $1,045 on the trip.
- In New York, Airbnb guests on average stay for 6.4 nights and spend $880 patronizing various New York based businesses.
- On average, Airbnb guests say 42% of their spending occurs in the neighborhood where they stay.
- Eighty-four percent of Airbnb hosts say they recommend restaurants and cafes to guests, while 69% Airbnb hosts recommend cultural activities such as museums, festivals, and historical sites to guests.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.