Airbnb Property Management: USA
To find out the number of Airbnb listings in the USA that are being managed by property management companies/property managers.
- According to reports published by CBRE Hotels’ Americas Research, the exponential growth of Airbnb in the U.S. is being driven by an increase in hosts renting out multiple units and hosts offering entire homes.
- According to the same research cited above, hosts in the U.S. with two or more unit listings generated more than US$1.8 billion in Airbnb revenue in 2016, which accounted for 32.1 percent of Airbnb’s total U.S. revenue from October 2015 to 2016.
- Moreover, 63.9 percent of hosts in the U.S. were found to be renting out an entire home unit, generating 81.1 percent (about US$4.62 billion) of Airbnb’s total U.S. revenue for 2016.
- According to Katherine Lugar, president and CEO of American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA), in Washington, D.C., 24 percent of Airbnb’s revenue comes from hosts who have more than 20 units each.
- According to Ms. Lugar, these hosts who have multiple units or are renting out an entire home are essentially running lodging businesses which are entirely different from “traditional home sharing” where a host invites a guest to stay with her in her own home while she is present.
- According to market data published by Hostfully.com, there were 252 million housing units in the U.S. in 2018, with 3.5 percent of them being used as second homes.
- At a more specific level, there were almost 9 million second homes in the U.S. in 2018, and 25 percent of those were rented through property management companies.
- Some of the best Airbnb property management services in the USA, as listed by alltherooms.analytics, are: ManorShare in Arizona; KeyBee, and AirConcierge in California; COBnB in Colorado; Clean Key Host and Easy Air Rentals in Florida; and Ensourced in Hawaii.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial research indicates that the number of Airbnb listings in the USA that are being managed by property management companies is not easily available and may require triangulation.
Therefore, we recommend continued research to either find out the number of listings managed commercially, or the share of Airbnb’s latest US revenue that comes from property management companies/property managers.
We also recommend research to prepare a list of 5-7 top property management companies active in Airbnb’s platform in the USA.
The ranking can be based upon the number of listings each of the property management companies have in Airbnb’s platform in the USA.