Allergy Treatment Market
Determine the market landscape of allergy treatment products. The information will be used to better understand market opportunities.
ALLERGY TREATMENT MARKET
- Based on a report from Transparency Market Research, the North American allergy treatment market revenue is $9.706 billion in 2017.
- The global market revenue is expected to grow at a rate of 5.5% from 2017 to 2025.
- The worsening air pollution condition is seen to increase the demand for allergy treatment drugs.
- However, the preference for more traditional medicines is expected to dampen market growth.
- Various side effects that are associated with allergy treatment drugs can also slow down the demand for these products.
- The common types of allergy medications are antihistamines, decongestants, corticosteroids, mast cell stabilizers, leukotriene inhibitors, allergen immunotherapy, and emergency epinephrine shots.
- These products can come in the form of "pills, liquids, inhalers, nasal sprays, eye drops, skin creams, or shots."
- Some of the products can be bought over-the-counter while others need prescriptions first.
- Antihistamines reduce the concentration of the histamine chemical.
- This chemical is a by-product of the body's immune system when reacting to allergy symptoms.
- Oral antihistamines can be typically bought over-the-counter or through prescription.
- Some of the generic and brand names of antihistamine medications are cetirizine (Zyrtec Allergy); desloratadine (Clarinex); fexofenadine (Allegra Allergy); levocetirizine (Xyzal); and loratadine (Alavert, Claritin).
- Antihistamines can also be administered through nasal sprays.
- Some of the generic and branded antihistamine nasal sprays include azelastine (Astelin, Astepro) and olopatadine (Patanase).
- Allegra provides its brand of fexofenadine antihistamine products to treat allergy symptoms such as itching and hives.
- Bayer's Claritin provides various forms of products to treat allergy symptoms.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
If you'd like us to purchase any of these reports on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.