Facebook Ad Boycott
To find out if companies or brands that have paused their Facebook advertising spend (due to the ongoing Facebook ad boycott) are still posting organically. Also, to find out if this boycot applies to Instagram.
- According to The Washington Post, over 750 advertisers are currently boycotting Facebook. These advertisers are asking the social giant to improve its policing of hateful content.
- CNN Business has published a list of more than forty prominent companies that have joined the Facebook ad boycott. Examples of companies featured on the list include Adidas, Coca-Cola, CVS, Diageo, and Ford.
- The Washington Post further revealed that many companies that have paused their Facebook ads also extended the boycott to its subsidiary — Instagram.
- More companies have been joining the movement daily. As of July 4, "more than 200 advertisers [had] joined in the past 24 hours."
- Within the first hour, we have identified a valuable CNN Business release that contains a list of over forty prominent companies that have joined the Facebook ad boycott. Our background search suggests that this boycott extends to Instagram as well (at least for some companies).
- We have also created a spreadsheet where we intend to add details about the existence of organic posts on the Facebook and Instagram pages of these companies.
- To proceed with this research, kindly select one or more of our proposed next steps.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.