To provide information on Amway's history, current products and business, growth strategy, recent news and sustainability efforts underway.
History of Amway
- According to the official site of Amway Global, the company "was founded in 1959 by Rich DeVos and Jay Van Andel and revolutionized the business model known as direct selling." The company claims that it is "still disrupting the retail industry by empowering Amway Business owners to be leaders in social commerce."
- The two co-founders, both from Ada and attended Grand Rapids Christian High School and later Calvin College, promised that they would become entrepreneurs together. They started out with a drive-in restaurant and, by 1959, they founded Amway out of their basements. Both have passed away and the company is co-chaired by their sons.
- Amway is built on "the belief that business ownership improves lives through personal achievement and the opportunity to earn income." Until these days, the company proudly embraces its "a rich history of entrepreneurship and helping others succeed."
- According to its stated values, the company's purpose is "to help live better, healthier lives." As stated on its website, Amway's six values are "partnership, integrity, personal worth, achievement, personal responsibility and free enterprise."
- Amway is based in Ada, Michigan, exactly where it was founded. It is now one of the largest family-owned companies, with global presence in six continents and more than 100 countries and territories.
- Amway is working with more than one million Amway Business Owners (ABOs). It has more than 15,000 employees in hundreds of locations to support its ABOs.
The initial one-hour research has provided a summary of Amway's history and profile. However, there is a lot more to cover, including current products and business, growth strategy, recent news and sustainability efforts. Please choose from the following proposed next steps.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.