Telehealth market analysis
To provide an analysis of the US telehealth market. An ideal response would include a competitive landscape of companies that offer telehealthcare.
- American Well is a telehealth service provider that operates in the US. The company offers a "mobile and web service that connects doctors with patients for live, on-demand video visits over the internet and handles all the administration, security, and record-keeping."
- American Well was founded Roy Schoenberg in 2006 and its headquarters is located in Massachusetts, U.S.
- American Well company website can be accessed here.
- American Well has raised a total of $517 million from 8 funding rounds. The company's latest funding round occurred on Feb 1, 2020.
- Roy Schoenberg serves as the chief executive officer and president of the company.
- His LinkedIn account can be accessed here.
- MDLIVE is a telemedicine provider that uses online video, phone or mobile app to connect patients with "board-certified doctors, pediatricians, and licensed therapists."
- The company was founded by
Dr. Steve Gurland and Randy Parker in 2006.
- MDLIVE corporate headquarters is located in Miramar, Florida.
- The company website can be accessed here.
- MDLIVE has raised $123.6 million from 3 funding rounds.
- Some of the company's investors include "Health Velocity Capital, Health Care Service Corporation, Industry Ventures, Novo Holdings, and Cigna."
- On March 19, 2020, MDLIVE appointed Charles S.Jones as the new chief executive officer of the company.
- His Linkedin account can be accessed here.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our initial hour of research provided many insights that directly answer some of the questions provided to us, but we were unable to tackle the entire ask due to time constraints.
- The research will be completed in the attached spreadsheet.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We recommend starting with research that provides 10 telehealth companies in the US. We will focus our research on companies that offer online consultations with doctors and nurses, or offer a similar experience using technology such as chatbot. For each, we’ll provide the company name, website, and an overview of the company. We will also provide a competitive landscape that includes the company history, headquarters location, investors, total funding amount, Founder/CEO LinkedIn Profile, and their value proposition.
We are also proposing research to find 2-3 trends that are impacting the US telehealth market. For each trend, we will explain what it consists of, how it is impacting the market, and 1-2 examples of companies that are driving the trend.
Our preliminary research shows that more information on the telehealth market in the US is available. Therefore, we recommend providing the market size and growth of this market in the US.