To learn more about the Android 1 product with a focus on the reason Google initiated it and its value proposition to inform a similar product venture and understand the initial drivers.
- It was initially started in 2014 targeting developing countries.
- It is described as "the purest form of Android."
- According to Google, "the best version of Android, right out of the box."
- The label is found on the back of phones that have this OS.
- The first product to incorporate this was the HTC U11 Life.
- Nokia became a major partner. LG and Motorolla also have some products that have it.
- It does not have the apps and features that manufacturers normally add.
- This product is free from "bloat."
- It offers Google services with all the necessary apps from Google.
- It offers support with its Google Assistant.
- It even offers support for the hardware components.
- This product also offers upto two years of upgrades and latest versions.
- The battery power will last longer as the phone's background activity will only run for the most important apps.
- One value proposition is that, "...your phone will even reduce power usage while it’s in your pocket or purse."
- The Google lens feature offers much more text manipulation than the ordinary camera app loaded by Android manufacturers.
- Storage capacity is resolved by offering free space for photos without compromising the quality with the Google Photos app.
- Android One phones are the most secure with monthly security updates and integrated with Google Play Protect.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.