Anglo American - Social Media Presence
Seeking in-depth information about Anglo American's social media presence, its competitors' approach to social media, and general information about the mining industry. This research will be used for supporting the creative campaign efforts for the company.
Our background research about Anglo American's social media presence unveiled the following information:
Social Media Presence
- The company has been really active on Facebook, on an average, the company has posted at least once in a week in August and September 2019. Individual posts touched several themes, including biodiversity awareness, business milestones, posts describing the sustainablity potential of the company, informative posts about the volunteering programes launched by the company.
- The Instagram profile of the brand showcases several unique posts, as opposed to its facebook feed. Some popular posts on their profile were official announcements from the CEO about the company's progress in the first half of 2019, informative and engaging content about sustainability in the mining sector, sneak peek into the mining process, in-house technologies used by the company. The company has been posting content about its charity and volunteering programs, for instance, one of the recent videos about the "successful pilot in the UK and South Africa in 2018" and the global expansion of the Good volunteering program. This post had about 882 views.
- Posts on Linkedin were mostly concerned about the recent developemnts at Anglo American, details about its sustainable mining plan, recent achievements, and the company's work culture. As compared to the other posts, the post about the company's work culture had the maximum number of reactions and about 41k views.
- The Flickr account of the company includes pictures of mining equipments, mining process, and Anglo American's employees.
- The brand is quite active on Twitter; the company has posted nearly 7k tweets since 2011. Anglo American does is not only tweeting about its progress but is also tweeting about the industry in general. The twitter account has several informative posts for the general audience, which provide valuable information about the mining methods used in the industry, the mining processes, and the equipments involved in the day to day mining operations.
Top Brands; Global Mining Industry
- Some of the top brands in the mining space include BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Vale S.A, Glencore Plc, Mitsubishi Corporation, and Anglo American Plc.
- In the year 2016 and 2015, Mini Global ranked Anglo American in their top lists of mining companies who have a strong social media presence.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.