Return on Luxury Watches
To identify information related to the annual % return on luxury watches (defined as those priced at $100,000 or more) over the last 20 years, ideally in the form of a luxury watch price index or the typical % return on luxury watch brands such as Rolex, Audemar Piguet, Richard Millie and Patek Phillipe.
Overall Luxury Watch Price Appreciation
- According to The New York Times, luxury watches are expected to appreciate by 69% between 2015 and 2025.
- In parallel, industry experts such as Time Rating report a much stronger price growth of 487% for vintage luxury watches, particularly due to buyer demand in China and the Middle East.
- However, industry experts also suggest that only 20% of all luxury watches represent a "profitable investment."
- Specifically, Time Rating asserts that a luxury watch must be "attractive and popular" to grow in value over time.
Individual Luxury Watch Price Appreciation
- Price tracking websites such as Collector Square and Time Rating provide more detailed statistics on the sale price of luxury watches over time.
- For example, Collector Square reports that the price of the Patek Philippe Grande Complication (currently priced well over $100,000) has not necessarily enjoyed significant price growth over the past decade.
- In contrast, a variety of lower-priced Rolex watches have appreciated significantly in value since 1994.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.