The goal is to find data points on the spending of anti-plastic advertising, advocacy, and campaigns.
No over-arching number was found in our initial research for spends on anti-plastic campaigns. Interestingly, there were numbers found on campaigns and lobbies for plastic use by plastic producing conglomerates and groups.
- The city of Miami Beach is spending $100,000 on an 'instagramable' recycling can.
- 5Gyres spent $6,869 in 2016 (most recent year financials are available) on advertising.
- Algalita spent $3,643 in 2017 on advertising expenses.
- The Plastic Soup Foundation does not disclose their advertising expenses in their year-end financial breakdown.
- Lonely Whale is a part of Social & Environmental Entrepreneurs (SEE). SEE spent $58,353 in advertising in 2017.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Initial research commenced on trying to find a total number or estimate on the money spent on anti-plastic advertising, advocacy, and campaigns. Pursuing this research path further would be futile.
We recommend taking a look at the remaining 15 organizations to discern what they have spent most recently in this type of advertising and advocacy.