Apple Mac Business Users UK
To challenge the client's understanding of the target market for Apple Mac products and services in the UK through research and data. To understand who the primary users of Apple computers and infrastructure in the UK are, what sectors they belong to, and what their business size and turnover is.
- The Forrester Total Economic Impact Of Mac In Enterprise study, commissioned by Apple, interviewed seven Mac customers to study and "examine the potential ROI enterprises may realise by deploying Mac." The interviewed customers included a financial services firm, a healthcare firm, a manufacturing enterprise, a retail enterprise, and three technology firms. The heaviest users of Mac were technology enterprises (>20,000 Macs deployed in a 100,000+ employee organisations), followed by healthcare (5,000 Macs deployed in a 100,000+ employee organisation), and financial services (2,000 Macs deployed in a 100,000+ employee organisation). However, retail had the highest proportion of Mac deployment (500 deployed in a 600-employee organisation)
- The study found that investments in Mac produced an ROI of 255%; the payback period was under 6 months.
- As the study was conducted by Forrester--and commissioned by Apple--it is likely that the interviewed firms (based in the US) are a true representation of typical Mac customers. The industry-specific Mac usage is unlikely to be different in the UK as the financial benefits derived are likely to be similar for industries in the UK.
- Having identified the key industries that use Apple Macs, the research focused on identifying the most prevalent mid and large-sized industries in the UK.
Mid and Large-Sized Industries in the UK
- There are ~8,000 businesses in the UK with over 250 employees (large-sized).
- There are ~36,000 businesses in the UK with over 50-249 employees (mid-sized).
- The medium-sized firms employ ~3,473,000 individuals and have a turnover of £639 billion, collectively.
- The large-sized firms employ ~10,868,000 individuals and have a turnover of £1,982 billion, collectively.
- The turnover of the creative industry in London was £34.6 billion in 2015.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.