AR/VR Travel Industry
To obtain additional AR/VR use cases in the travel industry and the prevalent trends. To determine why these trends are prevalent.
AR/VR Application in the Travel Industry
- Booking a flight is usually the first step when planning a trip. AR allows one to pick the most ideal flights by taking a peek inside the flight.
- One can now choose their ideal seat by checking various factors such as legroom, entertainment options, among others.
- By 2019, Airbus is one airline company that has experimented with AR by launching its app, iflyA380.
- AR is ideal when navigating a new city. When one travels to a new city, one would need to gather as much information as possible to optimize the experience and avoid all the nuances of being susceptible to tourist traps.
- AR provides insights into bus routes, schedules, and fares, reducing the amount of background information one would need to gather. This app would be ideal especially when one travels on their own.
- One of the toughest aspects of traveling would be the language barrier. No matter how much one prepares, the few phrases that one can master would not be adequate to make a complete order at a local restaurant.
- AR/VR enabled apps are great in solving this issue. In cases where the letters are also foreign, a simple camera shot of the text can be translated using the app. One such solution is the Google lens.
- Navigation apps can help ensure that a traveler does not get lost. Some features that can be added are arrows and integrating smartphone cameras.
- When Google maps integrates with smartphone cameras, it becomes ideal in navigating new places. Travel brands aim at making travel convenient by providing timely and essential information to their consumers/customers.
- AR is ideal in providing routing and navigation solutions. In the unlikelihood of an emergency, these apps would make it easier to navigate a foreign city/town. They can get back to their hotel, get to a hospital, police station, or embassy.
- Brands are now using mobile applications to improve the overall travel experience.
- Among the AR/VR trends to watch out for in 2020 is its use in navigation.
- The everyday use of maps has proven to be very essential. AR is incorporated into this tool in indoor places such as airports and malls to give the user a more real experience.
- Google will soon use this capability in its Google lens.
- AR/VR has been utilized to demonstrate various travel activities to allow consumers to comprehend the experience.
Summary of our Early Findings
- Our initial one-hour research could find additional use cases. We have also provided a few insights into the trends. Our initial research could not provide adequate insights into the trends.
- We have provided additional research paths that would be ideal in gathering more information below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.