Eco-Conscious US Regions
To gather a list of eco-conscious US regions (areas,states, or towns) in order to market an organic product for grass in these areas.
- According to MSN, 24/7 Wall St., and Mental Floss, the more eco-conscious state, based on its environmental quality, eco-friendly behaviors, and climate change contributions, is Vermont.
- In the state of Vermont, approximately 82.7% of energy is generated from renewable sources, while 0.1% is generated from fossil fuels. The state has generated 42,941 green jobs and 23.9% of its population carpools or uses public transportation.
- Other states that are eco-conscious include Oregon, Massachusetts, New York, South Dakota, Minnesota, Connecticut, New Hampshire, California, Rhode Island, Washington, Idaho, Maine, and Montana.
- According to the Policygenius green homes index, the five best states to build green homes are California, Texas, Colorado, New York, and Oregon. These states were ranked considering their green home initiatives or policies, their solar energy industry ranking, their wind power industry ranking, and their number of homes with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Based on the number of eco-friendly financial incentives, the 10 "greener states" in the US are Washington, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Florida, Colorado, and New York.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial research focused on the most eco-conscious states in the US, we propose providing information on the most eco-conscious cities in the US. For this, we will provide 5-7 pieces of data that contain lists of eco-conscious cities, the reason why they are considered eco-conscious, as well as the publication that is providing the information.
Alternatively, we propose providing 5-7 pieces of data regarding the current US organic product consumption, especially related to gardening organic products. Information could include the increase in organic product consumption, most consumed organic products, organic fertilizer use, among others.