Artificial Intelligence in Sales and Marketing Departments
To find case studies of medical technology or pharmaceutical companies using artificial intelligence (AI) in their sales and/or marketing departments. Do not include Novartis as this company is already known. Research will be used to explore AI-based technologies that help marketing and sales teams become more effective in pharmaceutical and medical technology companies.
During this hour of research we examined Abbott Laboratories as one example of a pharmaceutical company using AI technology in its sales department.
Case Study: Abbott Laboratories
- It's India branch, Abbott India Limited, began using an AI personal assistant named Maya in its sales department earlier this year. Abbott India launched a pilot program in February 2019 where 3,000 of its sales employees used Maya for their "day to day queries."
- Maya was designed with a distinct personality and "evolve[s] with every single conversation."
- She accompanies sales team members when they interact with doctors and medical facilities. Sales employees use her to access databases like SalesForce to fetch "critical business insights."
- 69% of employees participating in a review of the pilot program said Maya is "helpful" and increases satisfaction at work.
- The pilot program was considered a success, and since then Abbott India has spread the use of Maya as a personal assistant to other departments totaling 8,000 employees.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.