Artificial Intelligence in Sales and Marketing Departments
To find case studies of medical technology or pharmaceutical companies using artificial intelligence (AI) in their sales and/or marketing departments. Do not include Novartis as this company is already known. Research will be used to explore AI-based technologies that help marketing and sales teams become more effective in pharmaceutical and medical technology companies.
During this hour of research we examined Abbott Laboratories as one example of a pharmaceutical company using AI technology in its sales department.
Case Study: Abbott Laboratories
- It's India branch, Abbott India Limited, began using an AI personal assistant named Maya in its sales department earlier this year. Abbott India launched a pilot program in February 2019 where 3,000 of its sales employees used Maya for their "day to day queries."
- Maya was designed with a distinct personality and "evolve[s] with every single conversation."
- She accompanies sales team members when they interact with doctors and medical facilities. Sales employees use her to access databases like SalesForce to fetch "critical business insights."
- 69% of employees participating in a review of the pilot program said Maya is "helpful" and increases satisfaction at work.
- The pilot program was considered a success, and since then Abbott India has spread the use of Maya as a personal assistant to other departments totaling 8,000 employees.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We recommend continued research to find 2-3 additional case studies of medical technology or pharmaceutical companies using artificial intelligence (AI) in their sales and/or marketing departments. For each case study, we will 1) provide a brief description of the company, 2) describe how it is using AI technology in its sales and/or marketing department, and 3) explain what the results have been. Our scope will be global.
In addition, we could identify 2-3 insights or trends highlighting how sales and/or marketing teams in the medical technology and pharmaceutical sectors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to increase their effectiveness. For each insight or trend, we will 1) describe what it is and 2) explain why we chose it. We will also provide either a) 2-3 data points illustrating that it increases effectiveness or b) 2-3 examples of companies putting it into practice. Our scope will be global.