AI-Powered Sales & Marketing: Pharma
To obtain a list of articles and case studies that focus on the use of Artificial Intelligence in sales and marketing departments in pharmaceutical and medical technology companies.
- Examples of major pharma companies that are utilizing AI in improving their marketing efforts include Pfizer, GSK, Novartis, Lundbeck, Takeda, AstraZeneca, and Teva.
- The targeted dissemination of information to customers and potentials will result in a reduction in the cost of marketing.
- Information coming from marketing efforts will become critical for R&D processes.
- If AI is utilized to optimize the customer experience, it will demonstrate the difference between customer access and higher sales.
- The pharmaceutical and medical industries have shifted from skepticism to allowing AI to play a critical role in engaging with patients, HCPs, and caregivers.
- It will define how they target, market to, interact, and engage with the various stakeholders.
- The various institutions in this industry should begin to comprehend the value that lies in AI enablement.
- Statistics show that 54% of patients are okay with recieving AI-enabled care.
Sales and Marketing
- Sales and marketing efforts in this industry would, in the past, target entire populations as used with blockbuster drugs.
- AI guarantees a patient-centric approach and these companies need to market in a more specific and targeted way.
- As the "human versus machine" debate has morphed into a "human+machine" concept, the use of AI has gone beyond the development phase and into marketing strategies.
Targeted Content Delivery in Marketing
- Pfizer set out to reenergize their marketing for their product, Chantix.
- By acquiring data from public sources and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the AI was able to identify the segment of patients who successfully quit smoking.
- By identifying this patient population, the company communicated the benefits of smoking cessation.
Summary of our Early Findings
- Our initial research was able to provide general insights into AI efforts in marketing and also a short description of one use case.
- Within the one-hour constraint, it was of paramount importance that we provide general/overall information to ensure that information on this topic is publicly available.
- Following our findings, we have discovered that information on this topic is readily and publicly available.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.