Asia Fitness Trends
Identify and detail current fitness trends in Asia (particularly South Korea, Japan, China, and Hong Kong) in order to better understand consumer attitudes towards fitness, as well as the types of products/services that a company should provide to those geographic markets.
- In China, boutique fitness studios are beginning to take over the industry. There are currently over 2,700 traditional-style health clubs, and the IHRSA estimates that the largest opportunities for growth in the fitness area are in tier 3 and 4 cities.
- Statista estimates that the total revenue of the fitness industry in Asia currently amounts to around $8,240 million with a year-on-year growth rate of 6.9% and a CAGR of 4.8% from 2019-2023. It is also expected that in 2019, there are approximately 490.9 million contributors to the fitness market in Asia, with a year-on-year growth rate of 9.7%.
- Around $7,298 million of the revenue from the Asian fitness market comes specifically from wearable fitness technology, and $5,112 million of the total market revenue comes from China, specifically.
- In 2017, the IHRSA determined that the total market size of the health club industry in Asia was $16.8 billion, with China and Japan being the largest contributors ($3.9 billion each).
- Approximately 4.52 million people in China, 4.24 million in Japan, and 3.75 million South Korea are members at some form of a health club.
- In Hong Kong, obstacle-course training is a popular form of fitness that is experiencing growth because of inspiration from the television show, American Ninja Warrior.
- The use of 3D body scanners in the fitness industry is highest in Asia. Compared globally, Asia is the leading region for fusion-style group exercise programs. Asia also has the highest adoption rates compared to the rest of the world for the use of technology in the fitness market, particularly for online purchases/memberships and wearables.
Proprietary Research Available
- Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from MarketLine for an additional $350.00. This research includes an analysis of gym, health, and fitness clubs in the Asia-Pacific regions of the world, including market size and outlook, leading competitors, consumer segmentation, and more.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.