Asian food CPG versus Total food CPG
Understand the global market size and growth rates for both Asian and overall food Consumer Packaged Goods. Additionally, find the breakdown by by region (the US, the UK, France, and China).
Understand how the fast-casual Asian restaurants compare to the overall fast-casual restaurants
in terms of market size.
FOOD CPG MARKET
- In the US, the market size of CPG foods in 2017 was broken down as follows:
- According to a report published by PWC in 2017, the CAGR for the global CPG foods between 2009 and 2012 was as follows:
- 2.8% for private-label products
- 6.2% for small manufacturers
- -3.7% for medium manufacturers
- 1.6% for large manufacturers.
- 57% of the food and beverage sub-segments in the consumer packaged goods industry focus on providing health and wellness solutions to encourage more brand awareness.
- The biggest increases in total sales in dollar figures for 2016 in the consumer packaged goods industry involved refrigerated lunches (13%), frozen side dishes (11%), bottled water (8%), and ready-to-drink tea and coffee products (8%).
- In 2019, the U.S. consumer goods market (defined as consumer packaged goods) was the largest in the world, estimated at $635 billion. The Industry includes: "appliances; toys; furniture and home furnishings; recreational boats; recreational vehicles (RVs); motorcycles; games; gifts; greeting cards; school and office products; jewelry; sporting goods; musical instruments; and processed foods and beverages, including water, juices, beer, wine, spirits, and all non-alcoholic beverages."
- The global consumer-packaged-goods (CPG) sector will nearly double in size to reach $14 trillion by 2025, from $8 trillion in 2014.
- The online sales volume of consumer packaged goods is only worth $155 billion globally, but it is a trend that is seeing rapid growth in recent years. Online grocery store shopping represents 6% of the total revenues that occur in this segment annually.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.