At-Home Test Consumers
To obtain demographic and psychographic data on consumers who use at-home tests such as EverlyWell and LetsGetChecked.
- EverlyWell offers at-home tests in 46 US states.
- The company provides tests for customers who are over the age of 18.
- However, state regulations prohibit it from shipping its kits to buyers who are in New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Maryland.
- LetsGetChecked has a lot of sexual health tests, comprising combinations of different individual tests, like the Complete 10, Basic 3, and Standard 5.
- LetsGetChecked provides colon cancer tests that are particularly relevant for people who are more than 50 years old.
- Also, these cancer tests are for people who have a first-degree relative that "has had any form of colorectal cancer".
- Its HPV tests are relevant for women who are more than 30 years old.
- Some consumers are beginning to opt for the "privacy and accessibility of at-home tests". As a result, many of the companies that provide these private tests "target millennials, who are disproportionately affected by STDs".
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our background search reveals that privacy and accessibility are major factors influencing the decision to use at-home test options, especially among millennials. We recommend the following:
1) Further research to provide the demographic profile (age, race, education, income level, and location) of consumers who use at-home tests provided by companies such as EverlyWell and LetsGetChecked.
2) Further research to provide the psychographic profile (values, attitudes and interests, media usage, and purchase motivations) of consumers who use at-home tests provided by companies such as EverlyWell and LetsGetChecked).
Also, we recommend further research to provide 2-3 trends in the 'at-home testing' market. These trends would be related to consumer behavior. For each trend identified, we would provide a description, why it is a trend, as well as examples of companies/organizations or factors driving the trend.