To analyze the advertising and marketing activities of Lululemon, Athleta, and Fabletics, covering their recent marketing activities, how they are marketing themselves (especially on social media platforms), and their target audience.
Our research on the athleisure brand Lululemon revealed insights. Here are the key pieces of information we found:
- Recent marketing activities by Lululemon on their website include featuring Women's and Men's What's New pages to showcase their new athletic apparel. They also have a Community section that reaches out to their community with blogs and inspiring stories about how to be healthy and well during the coronavirus crisis, how to connect with their global ambassadors, and a list of events and classes that are available by location.
- The current marketing strategy of Lululemon is focused on increasing men’s and online sales and expanding their market growth overseas in countries like China. Another recent marketing activity by Lululemon involves testing a new loyalty program, where members pay an annual fee for perks that include expedited shipping and workout classes.
- Lululemon has a social media presence on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
- On Twitter, they are marketing themselves by connecting their products to current events like the coronavirus crisis and Mother's Day as being symbolic of good health and well-being, with tweets that reflect their care and concern about the health and well-being of others.
- On Pinterest, they are marketing themselves by posting images of their athletic apparel on a variety of people who are engaging in fitness activities such as yoga and running.
- On Instagram, they are also marketing themselves by posting images of their athletic apparel on a variety of people who are engaging in fitness activities such as yoga and running.
- On YouTube, they are marketing themselves by linking their athletic wear to yoga and one of their global ambassadors and founder of Girlvana, Ally Maz, with a beginners class that teaches yoga basics.
- On Facebook, they are marketing themselves by also linking their athletic wear to their global ambassadors, with posts of fitness videos to workout to. The are also specifically promoting their improved Swiftly Tech 2.0 athletic top.
- The target audience of Lululemon does not simply describe their ideal customer but instead creates personas that people want to be. These male and female personas epitomize cosmopolitan American success, with both earning more than $100,000 per year, owning their own condo in a major city, engaged, and in top physical condition.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.