Commercial Food Service Industry
To gather data related to the commercial food-service market to gain an inderstanding of the industry. The information will be used for new product development. The type of information sought includes the number of people served annually/daily and any growth rates for the different segments of the commercial food-service industry.
Total Share of the Industry
- The U.S. food service industry is a market worth $731 billion.
- The industry is divided between the commercial food service segment and the institutional segment.
- The commercial segment is the largest and includes full-service restaurants, fast food outlets, caterers, some cafeterias, and other places that prepare, serve, and sell food to the public for a profit.
- The institutional segment includes schools, hospitals, nursing homes and other types of similar establishments.
Total Share of the Industry by Segment
- Within the commercial segment of the food service industry, full-service restaurants account for 42%, fast food restaurants 37% and other types of outlets such as caterers and cafes account for 21%.
- In the U.S., restaurants represent the second-largest employer in the private sector, providing around 10% of jobs.
Growth rates for these segments (examples, full-service restaurants, quick-service restaurants, hospitals, schools, etc.)
- The global food service commercial industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% up to 2023.
- The growth strategy of the fast food segment relies on building more outlets closer to consumers' homes and offices, to make it more convenient for them to purchase food products.
- Restaurants relied on opening outlets in nontraditional locations such as department stores as part of their growth strategy.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.