Austin, TX (Travis County) Radio Station Research
To provide the following information for radio stations in and around Austin, TX (Travis County): radio station rankings (Neilsen ratings if available) Monday through Friday 6 am to 7 pm, radio station rankings Saturday and Sunday 6 am to 7 pm, reach per station (what percentage of the market they hit), radio station profiles and demographic information (who listens to each station, age range of listener, etc), weekly cume of radio stations (number of listeners), rates for Monday through Friday 6 am to 7 pm day, rates for Saturday and Sunday 6 am to 7 pm, and any other data as to popular radio stations in Austin among the 25-54 year old demographic. This information will be used to evaluate the best stations for target audiences to prepare a media buying plan.
Radio station rankings
The top 5 radio stations in Austin TX based on Nielsen data from Monday to Sunday, 6 am to midnight as at November 2019 are:
- KUT-FM with 8.8 AQH. This is a news/talk station that is owned by the University of Texas at Austin.
- KBPA-FM with 7.9 AQH. This is an adult hits station that is owned by Emmis Radio.
- KFMK-FM with 5.8 AQH. This is a Christian AC station that is owned by Crista Ministries.
- KHFI-FM with 5.7 AQH. This is a CHR station that is owned by iHeartMedia.
- KVET-FM with 5.3 AQH. This is a country station that is owned by iHeartMedia.
- KUT FM describes itself as one of the best performing public radio stations in the country, which regularly has the largest per capita public radio listening audience among the top 200 cities nationwide.
- More than 250,000 people listen to KUT in Central Texas each week. The station has more than 400,000 active and engaged unique monthly listeners.
- KUT FM has received more than 100 state, national, and international awards since 2002, "including 25 regional and two national Edward R. Murrow awards, seven National Headliners awards, and 11 New York Festival awards."
- Based on a 2016 media audit, KUT FM's audience is more likely to be educated (hold a graduate or college degree), influential (B2B decision-makers, C-level executives), affluent (household income exceeds $150,000, owns a home that exceeds $300,000), cultural (attend performing arts, donate to a cultural organization) and community-minded (support environmental causes, buy organic food).
- KUT FM's weekly CUME based on Nielsen Audio PPM ratings in April 2018 was 271,200. Additionally, the radio station gained the largest percentage in CUME growth (35%) among 20 news/talk stations from April 2014 to April 2018.
- KUT-FM is a public radio station and therefore, it is federally prohibited by the FCC from carrying traditional radio adverts. Companies can only obtain promote their products through public radio station sponsorship underwriting, obtaining marketing promotion along with a potential tax deduction in the process.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.