Australian Hiring Value Chain
To find information on the Australian graduate value chain. Information to be presented includes information on players involved, size of their involvement in each part of the value chain, and salesperson markets which includes recruiters, account managers, SaaS salespeople etc.
- In the Australian job market, the best undergraduate degrees for finding full-time employment are medicine, pharmacy and dentistry while the worst degrees are creative arts, science and mathematics.
- In 2017, graduate job opportunities increased by 23%. Additional, hiring opportunities within the Australian job market open up in the later months of the year.
- The highest-earning degrees in the Australian job market are dentistry at $78,300, medicine at $70,300, and engineering at $64,000.
- In Australia, 10% of graduate job postings are for teachers, with 5.5% for civil engineers, and 5.2% for accountants and auditors.
- In 2017, graduate job opportunities in the Australian job market accounted to the following percentages of all graduate jobs posted: teachers - 10.2% , civil engineers - 5.5%, accountants and auditors - 5.2%, sales - 4.9%, software engineers - 4.8%, architectural and civil drafters - 3.4%, computer programers - 3.1%, nurses - 3.0%, landscape architects - 2.4%, and human resource - 2.1%.
- According to the 2018 Graduate Outcomes Survey, 72.9% of undergraduates are in full-time employment and 87.0% of undergraduates are employed overall. According to the survey, undergraduates have a 91.9% labour force participation percentage and the median salary for undergraduates employed on a full-time basis was $61,000.
- According to the survey, 86.9% of postgraduates are in full-time employment and 92.9% of postgraduates are employed overall. According to the survey, undergraduates have a 96.1% labour force participation percentage.
- A survey of students who have spent 12 months working for various organizations identified the top 75 graduate employers in Australia. The top ten companies in this list are Department of Finance (WA), REA Group, ThoughtWorks Australia, carsales.com, Sydney Water
, Queensland Audit Office
, Australian Securities & Investments Commission
, Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
, Evans Dixon
, and SA Power Networks.
- A complete list of these employers can be accessed here.
- Another list of Australia graduate employers that was based on Australian university student votes features Google Australia, Apple, Deloitte, PwC, CSIRO, Department of Education, KPMG, Microsoft, EY, and the Commonwealth Bank.
- The complete list of these employers can be accessed here.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.