Australian Real Estate Industry
To understand the Australian Real Estate industry in order to update previous findings.
- According to IBIS World data published in 2019, the total people employed in the real estate service industry in Australia is 137,289.
- The total number of real estate service businesses in Australia is about 40,403.
- According to official government data, the total number of employees in the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services industry is 214,600 in 2018, accounting for 1.7 percent of the total Australian workforce.
- The total number of Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Service businesses in Australia is 252,249
, however, 216,012 are non-employing businesses, according to official government data.
- The number of Real Estate Sales Agents in Australia is 76,300 in 2018, while the number of General Clerks working in the industry is 9,000.
- The number of people working in the Real Estate Services industry in New South Wales is 9,756 as of 2018.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our preliminary research suggests that segregated data on the total number of people in the real estate industry according to career or job type is only available for the country (top 20 jobs only) and that state data is unavailable. Based on available data, we propose dedicating additional research into (1) the number of real estate service businesses in each state (NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, TAS and NT); (2) the number of people working in the real estate industry in each state requested; and (3) provide a more detailed breakdown of the total number of people in the real estate industry according to career or job type (top 20 job types). Please note that in some cases, official government data is only available for Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services industry as a group, hence, we will report that where data for just the Real Estate Service industry is unavailable.