Autism Treatment Center Market Size
To provide details on the autism treatment market and labor force in the US in order to understand and evaluate the market.
- The autism treatment market was worth about $1.87 billion in 2017, with Applied Behavior Analysis programs which autism centers generally provide accounting for about $1.07 billion in revenues.
- The average autism treatment center generates revenue of about $821,000 annually.
- The autism treatment market is growing at a CAGR of 3.9% and is expected to reach 2.23 billion in 2022.
- The total annual cost for children with autism in the US is estimated to be between $11.5 billion and $60.9 billion.
- We couldn't find data on the total number of people hired every year in autism centers nor the churn rate of employees, however, medical professionals working autism care in the US include "8,300 child psychiatrists, 1,500 child neurologists and 1,000 developmental-behavioral pediatricians."
- The US Bureau of Labor doesn't have data specifically for employment in autism centers, however, data from the agency shows that the number of people working in residential intellectual and developmental disability facilities (which includes autism centers) is 62,321.
- In general, there is a severe shortage of medical specialists working in autism care and autism centers find it difficult to fill these job positions.
- Our preliminary research suggests that California is most likely the city with the state with the most centers because "funding for treatment programs has been in place there since the 1990s, prior to the insurance mandates that were later put into place."
- Although Los Angeles is listed as one of the best 10 places to live in the US for those with Autism, the state of California was also found to be one of the seven worst states to live in the US for children with Autism because it lacked adequate resources and services for people with Autism.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.