What is the average age of a CEO? CTO? CIO?
To determine the average age of a CEO, CTO, and CIO for a pitch for cognizant.
During our preliminary research we were able to determine the average age of CEOs and CIOs, broken down even further by industry based on a study conducted by The Korn Ferry Institute of the top 1,000 U.S. companies. However, during our research, we were unable to find the average age of CTOs but found some helpful information to get an idea of their average age. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- Among all C-suite roles, the average age of CEOs is the oldest among any other role.
- Across industries, the average age of CEOs is 58-years-old.
- The oldest average age among CEOs broken down by industry is 60 in the financial services industry.
- The youngest average age among CEOs broken down by industry is 55 in the technology industry.
- Based on average age, CIOs are the youngest C-suite role.
- The average age across industries is 51.
- The oldest average CIO age broken down by industry is 54 in the industrials industry.
- The youngest average age broken down by industry is 47 in the consumer industry.
- While there was no precompiled number for the average age of CTOs, we were able to find that on average, it will take a person 24 years after graduating from higher education to become a CTO.
- To be a CTO, it is required to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.