Health Insurance Costs in Arizona
For employees and employers, determine the average cost of healthcare for small businesses in the Phoenix area per employee. Assume that Medical, Dental, and Vision are all included, and the co-pay and annual deduction are affordable. This information will inform a forecast budget for an increase in employee headcount.
- The lowest average health insurance premiums for small businesses in Phoenix are $343.73 per employee per month.
- In 2018 in Arizona, the average annual employee contribution per health insurance premium was $1,554 and the annual employer contribution per health insurance premium per employee was $4,675.
Small Group Coverage in Arizona
- Employers with between 1 and 50 full-time employees can offer health insurance through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP). The total costs per employee per month range from $143.36 to $906.31.
- With SHOP health insurance plans, premiums are less expensive for younger employees and more expensive for older employees. Pricing also depends on whether the premium is Bronze, Silver, or Gold, with Bronze having the least coverage and Gold having the most.
- Some other most popular types of small group health coverage in Arizona include Point of Service (POS) plans, Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) plans, Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans, and Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) plans.
- Wellthie, health insurance marketplace for small businesses, lists health insurance plans starting at $255.625 per employee per month.
- A 2018 national survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that on average, employers paid 82% of the health insurance premium, or $5,711 a year, while employees paid the remaining 18%, or $1,186 a year.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.