ECommerce Conversion Rates
To understand the average eCommerce conversion rates for beauty and apparel brands, excluding big players like Amazon.
During our preliminary research, we were able to determine the average conversion rates for the fashion clothing and accessories eCommerce industry as well as the health and wellbeing eCommerce industry. We were also able to determine the average conversion rates for the top 25% of these industries as well. We were then able to break this down to find the median conversion rates by product type (clothing and fashion and health and beauty) as well as the conversion rates for the top25% in these categories.
Since this information was publicly available and compiled in a study, it is safe to assume that big players were included in these averages. Below is an overview of our early findings.
Fashion Clothing & Accessories
- The average fashion clothing & accessories eCommerce conversion rate as of July 2019 is 1.41%.
- The median eCommerce conversion rate for clothing and fashion products is 1.96%.
- However, the eCommerce conversion rate for the top 25% of companies of these products is 3.27%.
Health & Beauty
- The average health & wellbeing eCommerce conversion rate as of July 2019 is 2.02%.
- The media eCommerce conversion rate for health and beauty products is 3.08%.
- However, the eCommerce conversion rate for the top 25% of companies of these products is 5.24%.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
In order to get a better understanding of the eCommerce conversion rates of the apparel and beauty industries, we suggest diving deeper with additional research to provide a breakdown of the conversion rates for each product type mentioned above (fashion & clothing and health & beauty) by acquisition channel (i.e. direct, email, organic, Facebook, etc.)
Since the information mentioned above likely included big players in the industry, we suggest diving deeper with additional research to identify the top 5 brands for each product type mentioned above (fashion & clothing and health & beauty) based on their eCommerce conversion rate. Once the top five brands and their conversion rates have been identified, we will then find the average of these conversion rates. We will split this research into two blocks. 1) The top five health and beauty brands by conversion rate with their averages and 2) the top 5 fashion and clothing brands by conversion rate with their averages. We will ensure to EXCLUDE any big players in the industries, such as Amazon.