B2C Startup Exit: Average Time
To identify the average exit time of B2C startups as compared to B2B startups in order to support an idea related to b2c startups' success.
We found a pre-compiled list of the exit times of various companies. We've presented the findings in the research below.
B2C AVERAGE EXIT TIME
- According to a research report, it was found that B2C focused startups exit faster as compared to other startups.
B2C SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- B2C social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Snap Inc, and Twitter took 7, 8, 6, and 6 years respectively to exit.
- And as a result, the average time for an exit of B2C social media startups was 6.75 years.
- The number of years B2C marketplace startups took to exit are as follows:
- And as a result, the average time for an exit of B2C marketplace startups was 6.58 years.
We found a list of exit dates of the top companies in the world at CB Insights. This source would help find more companies for various categories.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Since we have found information on B2C startups catering to the social media and marketplace businesses, we recommend finding 7-10 company examples, its founding year, exit year, the calculated/compiled number of years it took to exit, and the calculated average time of each category conclusively. The research would include a study of the following categories: (1) content distributors (for example, Google and Yelp), (2) e-commerce companies (for example, Amazon and Wayfair), (3) gaming companies (for example, Zynga), (4) payment companies (for example, Paypal), and (5) hardware companies (for example, Apple). Note: This would only focus on B2C companies.
Alternatively, we can find the same information as mentioned in the above step but only for 3 selected categories instead of all. If this step is selected, please choose the categories from content distributors, e-commerce companies, gaming companies, payment companies, and hardware companies to proceed. Note: This would only focus on B2C companies.
Since the information on B2B companies is limited, we recommend identifying 5-7 B2B company examples in general. This would include the founding year, exit year, the calculated/compiled number of years they took to exit, and the calculated average exit time of B2B companies conclusively. Note: This would only focus on B2B companies.