Avery Dennison RBIS Competitive Landscape
To provide a competitive landscape on the RBIS division of Avery Dennison, with a focus on paper items such as graphic tags, price tickets and self-adhesive labels. Additionally, to provide the location, products, market share per competitor on paper items, target market and generally, and type of company: local vs global for the following competitors: Trimco International, ITL Group, CCL Industries, NATco, SML, Maxim, and Checkpoint. The geographic scope of local competitors is limited to Asia (e.g. China, Vietnam, Bangladesh) and Turkey. Additionally, we will trim or add to the list of competitors with any other companies found during our research. This research will be used to evaluate our market share and compare portfolios and capabilities.
- General Overview: In January 2018, Affinity Equity Partners acquired packaging company Trimco International Holdings Ltd. from Partners Group AG for $520 million.
- Location: Hong Kong.
- Products: Trimco provides tags and trimming products.
- Target market: Global apparel companies and contract garment manufacturers.
- Type of company: Local.
- General Overview: ITL is a global company that provides promotional labels and product identification solutions. It has 14 manufacturing hubs around the world, 5 of these hubs are within Asia.
- Location: South Africa.
- Products: ITL Group manufactures a wide range of branded and variable data labels.
- Target market: Apparel retailers, brand owners, and manufacturers.
- Type of company: Global.
- General Overview: CCL describes itself as the largest label company in the world. It has 183 production facilities and operates in 42 countries. In 2019, CCL's annual revenue was 5.3 billion Canadian Dollars. Checkpoint is a subsidiary focused on labeling and tagging solutions for the retail and apparel industries worldwide.
- Location: Toronto, Canada, and Framingham, Massachusetts.
- Products: CCL provides innovative solutions to the following global markets: Home & Personal Care, Premium Food & Beverage, Healthcare & Specialty, Automotive & Durables, and Consumer markets.
- Target market: Retail and apparel companies.
- Type of company: Global.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our one-hour research has provided the location, products, target market and type of company for Trimco International, ITL Group, and CCL Industries.
- However, our research also showed that the market share information for these companies could not be found in the public domain because Trimco International and ITL Group are privately owned. Additionally, for CCL, there is no revenue or market share information specific to Checkpoint, which is the subsidiary that is focused on labeling and tagging solutions for the retail and apparel industries.
- Additionally, our research showed that one of the specified competitors: Checkpoint is a subsidiary of CCL Group.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.