B2C Marketing Strategies
To understand the growth marketing strategies of B2C education technology or finance companies by looking at case studies of specific companies in the ed-tech and finance categories.
- In October 2020, Coinbase announced the opening of a waitlist for U.S. consumers who are interested in getting its new Coinbase Card. This Coinbase card is a "Visa debit card that enables users to use their Bitcoin or other crypto holdings to shop online and in stores, in addition to converting their cryptocurrencies to cash at the ATM."
- Coinbase is a digital currency exchange platform and it claims to be "the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, with over 25 million users across 32 countries worldwide." Coinbase allows users to securely store, buy, and sell cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin Cash among others.
- According to Coinbase, "The introduction of Coinbase Card was a significant milestone in our efforts to create mainstream adoption of crypto as a genuine utility. Today’s announcement is another step forward in the real-world applications of cryptocurrency as it enables more options for Coinbase customers in the US to utilize their holdings. We will continue to build upon our offerings to create the most seamless and useful ways to manage crypto investing and spending for our customers.”
- "The good news is that the new Coinbase Card handles all the conversions itself, exchanging whatever cryptocurrency that users have in their accounts to U.S. dollars before completing purchases or ATM withdrawals," Coinbase added.
Aside from that, Coinbase Card also provides crypto rewards which can be a 4% back in Stellar Lumens (XLM) or 1% back in Bitcoin (BTC). This rewards program is limited for now as it's initially available only to the U.S.
- This new debit card can be applied for through the Coinbase website or app.
- Also, last August 2020, Coinbase announced that it will offer bitcoin-backed cash loans to selected customers in 17 US states. Selected customers have been invited to be on the waitlist for loaning up to 30% of their bitcoin holdings. The highest amount of loans that can be applied for is $20,000 at 8% for one year and this has no credit check.
- According to Thorsten Jaeckel, Coinbase's product manager, “We want to give our customers even more control over their crypto investments, while offering secure access to cash at the same time."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.