5 BABY BOOMER TRAVEL BEHAVIOURS
- This generation is not limited by budget.
- In their trips for 2019, they planned to spend over $6,600.
- Baby boomers are responsible for 80% of luxury travel spending
- This generation is decisive and confident in their travel plans. By the end of 2018, they had planned to go on 4-5 vacations within the course of 2019.
- They planned to spend over $6,600.
- By September 2018, 88% of those traveling within the US had already decided where they would go and 31% had already made their payments.
MAIN MOTIVATING FACTOR: SPENDING TIME WITH LOVED ONES
- 57% of baby boomers travel to spend time with their families.
- 48% travel for a relaxing experience.
- Their third option, at 44%, is for sight-seeing.
INTERNATIONAL TRIPS: BUCKETLIST
- For those who take international trips, the main motivation, 24%, is to tick an item off their bucket list.
- Summer vacation and romantic travel come in second at 10% for both.
- In terms of destination, Europe ranks first with 41%, the Caribbean with 20%, and Asia with 11%.
CONNECTING WITH THE LOCALS
- 19% opt for international travel while the rest travel within the US.
- In these international travels, they opt to connect with the locals.
- They opt to have meals with them and experience their culture.
- 53% would opt to eat with them, 49% opt to travel with them, as 19% opt to stay with them.
RETIREMENT AND TRAVELING
- Statistics show that 47% of retirees would like to be traveling all the time.
- Some destinations that are ideal for baby boomers/retirees tastes include;
- This location is usually one of the first options.
- This location is rich in Roman influence and architecture.
- This location is great for a safari.
- This location has a lot to offer; peaceful beaches, rich culture, and 20 national parks.
- The local dishes are also popular.