AT&T Executive Background Research
To obtain publicly available background information on two specific AT&T Executives: Charlene Lake, AT&T SVP of CSR and Chief Sustainability Officer; Chair, AT&T Foundation, and Dennis Williams, Warner Media SVP of CSR. An ideal response would include work history, current roles, coverage in the media, and statements made.
Dennis Williams, Warner Media SVP of CSR
- Dennis Williams is the SVP, Corporate Social Responsibility & Corporate Affairs at HBO.
He has been with HBO for 22 years and 3 months, always located in the greater New York City area.
- Currently, as noted above, he is serving as the SVP, Corporate Social Responsibility & Corporate Affairs, and has been doing so since May 2017.
- He served as VP, Corporate Social Responsibility
from January 2014 – May 2017.
- He was the Director, Corporate Social Responsibility
from September 2010 – Jan 2014.
- Dennis Williams served as Manager, Affiliate Marketing, Multicultural Segments and Events
from May 2003 – Sep 2010
- From Sep 1998 – May 2003, he served as Direct-to-Home Account Sales Manager.
- He started his career with HBO as an employment recruiter
and served from November 1997 – September 1998
- He attended Hamline University
where he received his Bachelor of Arts in English. He was there from 1990 – 1994.
- Dennis Williams volunteers at The Fund for Public Schools, where he serves as the Vice Chair, Board of Directors, The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center where he is a member on the board of directors, and he is also a volunteer with Horizons National where he also serves as a member on the board of directors.
- Dennis Williams offered advice to those attending the Richard D. Parsons Community Impact Awards. These awards honored the great work of the five winners by committing to do one act of charity each month.
- In December 2019, "WarnerMedia dedicated the Techwood campus in Atlanta to cable legend Ted Turner, honoring the maverick founder of Turner Broadcasting, TNT, CNN and countless other innovations in the media industry. The event was emceed by Wolf Blitzer, CNN’s lead political anchor and host of The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, and included remarks from John Stankey (President & Chief Operating Officer, AT&T Inc. and CEO WarnerMedia), Dennis Williams (SVP Corporate Social Responsibility, WarnerMedia), and Turner himself."
- In January 2018, Dennis Williams gave his thoughts on giving back. In this interview he states: "We are in a very unique and privileged place here at HBO that allows us to engage with a number of nonprofit groups around numerous social issues — many of which are found organically in our content."
- Dennis Williams is pictured here at the Me Too Panel At Sundance 2019.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our initial hour of research was able to return information on Dennis Williams, which provided work history, current roles, recent coverage in the media, and statements made.
- We did not have time to conduct research for Charlene Lake.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.