Provide background information on Brown-Foreman, including a company overview, company performance over the last three years, SWOT analysis, environmental analysis, current challenges facing the company, current challenges facing the industry (regulatory, economic etc.), and names and contact information for key Brown-Foreman senior executives based in Louisville, KY.
- Brown-Foreman is one of the largest wine and spirits distributors in the US.
- Its whiskey brands include Jack Daniel’s, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Early Times, Collingwood, Canadian Mist, Coopers’ Craft, and Slane Irish Whiskey.
- It also has scotch, tequila, vodka, liqueur, wine and gin.
- Brown-Foreman stock on the NY stock exchange has generally grown since 2017, with a slight peak in early 2018 followed by a dip by late 2018 and then sharp growth to 2020.
- Brown-Foreman has an environmental suitability strategy that "aims to protect and conserve natural resources — for our business and for future generations."
- One project is recycling — their Zero Waste to Landfill goal. As part of this initiative, The Jack Daniel’s distillery sends "99% of materials from the distillery to be reused or recycled."
- Additionally, the company runs the DendriFund, which provides funds for "joint actions to solve challenges related to wood, water, and grains."
- One challenge for the industry will be dealing with the increased competition that the legalization of cannabis in many states brings.
- One challenge for Brown-Foreman in 2019 was the trade war between China and the US.
- Garvin Brown IV is the Chairman of the Board of Directors. He lives in London.
- Multiple C-suite members live and work in Louisville, Kentucky. These include the Chief Diversity Officer, Chief Brands Offer, the Director of Global Strategy, and others.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.