A backgrounder document for Ameriprise Financial (financial services company) to inform my team about the brand, its competitor
To understand the best way to serve the company Ameriprise Financial through an analysis of the company's background, its brand, competitors, key products, and performance in the past 2-3 years.
- Ameriprise was founded in 1894 by John Tappan, becoming a global financial leader with 125 years of history.
- In 2017, Ameriprise Financial acquired Investment Professionals, Inc. and created a new advisor channel that focuses on serving clients of financial institutions.
- Ameriprise Financials has a value of $875 billion in assets under management and administration.
- They have over two million clients worldwide, including institutions, businesses, and individuals.
- The company counts with a staff of over 10,000 financial advisors.
- In 2018, Ameriprise Financial presented a net revenue of $12.7 billion, indicating a 5% increase from its performance in 2017.
- Their earnings grew 11% in 2018, reaching $2.1 billion as a total.
- In 2017, Ameriprise Financials launched a new stage of their ad campaigns to promote brand awareness.
- The marketing campaign shows tv commercials and publicity spots that represent the stories of how their clients are using their financial solutions.
- The 2017 campaign follows the “Be Brilliant” marketing campaign that started in 2005.
- Some of the commercials presented are: “Adding On” and “Sleep Better.”
- Some of their direct competitors in the Financial Management industry, based on their market cap, are Affiliated Managers Group, AllianceBernstein Holding, Apollo GLobal Management, Ares Management Corporation, Artisan Partners Asset Management, AssetMark Financial Holdings and BrightSphere Investment Group.
- Their core business segments are Asset Management, Advice and Wealth Management, and Annuities and Protection.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over one million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.