Employee Engagement Techniques
To identify what leaders with highly engaged employees are doing to get and retain that engagement.
- According to an article by Forbes, Hilton is ranked as number one on the list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- Hilton is said to have implemented various initiatives specifically designed to enhance employee engagement. This includes the Hilton Senior Leadership Business Immersion program.
- According to the company’s chief human resources officer, Matthew Schuyler, the Hilton Senior Leadership Business Immersion program is “an experience that connects senior leaders to the most fundamental aspect of the business – hotel operations. The three-day program entails working back of the house, or what we refer to as ‘Heart of House,’ in departments including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Banqueting and Engineering.”
- This program is thought to be an innovative and powerful method of making senior leaders understand a typical workers’ day to day experience in a more authentic way. The three-day experience provides senior leaders with an insight into how the staff feels, the obstacles they face, and what improvements are required to mitigate these challenges.
- Some activities carried out by leaders during the program include real front line jobs such as checking in guests, assisting engineering on calls, carrying luggage to rooms, handling guest complaints, and cleaning rooms.
- One of the benefits of the program include a boost to staff morale - According to Hilton’s Vice President, “it sends a strong message of solidarity and shows that leaders are serious about understanding the challenges of running a 24/7/365 business that never closes.”
- Another significant benefit of the program is the specific learnings that leaders take back, which impact their business decisions and also lead to process improvements, innovations, or increased efficiencies.
- The success of the Hilton Senior Leadership Business Immersion program has led to the creation of the Virtual Reality Business Immersion Program, which extends the immersion-style experience to corporate teams working across other functional areas, including marketing, finance, and brand management.
- Salesforce is ranked as the number two on the list of 100 Best Companies to Work For by Forbes.
- Salesforce has created and sustained high levels of employee engagement in part by offering unique and innovative perks and benefits.
- According to the companies Global Recruiting Executive Vice President, Ana Recio, “to attract and retain today’s ultra-connected, always-on employees, we focus on the key differentiators that Salesforce has to offer.” To that end, Salesforce offers the following;
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.