Beauty & Wellness Product Trends
To obtain funding using a business development plan that is informed by trends seen in the beauty and wellness/health industries. The trends should be focused on companies that change their products to contain more wellness offerings.
- Some beauty brands (like the L’Oréal-owned Kiehl’s) began offering beauty products in locker rooms that were geared towards consumer fitness aims. Additional brands are embracing beauty’s connection to fitness and health.
- While not a product change, many brands are focused on changing the conversation around beauty and making adjustments focused on honesty (e.g., Neutrogena’s fresh-face campaign and CVS’ decision to no longer use touched- up beauty images within their aisles).
- “Athleisure makeup” combines the idea of beauty and fitness that is one of the trends Fast Company evidences in its report on beauty market trends bolstering the wellness industry.
- One company focused on this new athleisure makeup concept is Tarte (however please note this trend was spotted in early 2017).
- Another company getting into wellness (from a corporate wellness initiative angle includes Kellogg). One report projects that its CPG products will follow suit.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
- We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
- The entire report, “Mass Beauty and Personal Care in the US” (Euromonitor International, $990) contains sections that may be of interest.
- The entire research section is available on Beauty and Personal Care in the US - Industry Overview ($796.95), or more targeted sections that may provide relevant details (below).
- 2.1.1 Robust Expansion in Beauty and Personal Care ($106.04)
- 2.1.2 Direct-to-consumer Brands Expand and Launch New Products ($127.14)
- 2.1.4 Growing Ingredients Awareness Highlights the Health and Wellness Trend ($114.06)
If you'd like us to purchase any of these reports on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.